© 2008 International Council on Human Rights Policy. All rights reserved.
What information do we collect?
When you visit our website you may provide us with two types of information:
- Personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis.
- Website use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our website.
You will provide us with personal information about yourself when you order publications on our website, register for certain services such as email newsletters and alerts and/or send us feedback on our work or comments on our website.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
Website use information
Our website utilises a standard technology called “cookies” and web server logs to collect information about how our website is used.
To prevent the download of cookies, or otherwise control how cookies are used on your computer, please read the help information supplied with your Internet browser software or go to: allaboutcookies
How do we use the personal information that you provide to us?
The ICHRP does not distribute, sell or rent user information to anyone. Broadly speaking, the ICHRP uses the personal information you provide to us to improve its understanding of web visitors and to send information that you have requested or that may be considered of interest to you. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our website. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these alerts by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we use website use information?
As you use our website, the website uses its cookies to differentiate you from other users. Cookies, in conjunction with our web server’s log files, allow us to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting our website and which parts of the website are most popular. This helps us gather feedback in order to constantly improve our website and better serve our audience. Cookies do not allow us to gather any personal information about you and we do not generally store any personal information that you provided to us in your cookies.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
As a general rule, the ICHRP does not disclose any information identifying you personally, except with your permission or where required by law.
How can you access and correct your information?
You may request access to all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database by emailing email@example.com.
All rights in the material and content on the ICHRP website are either owned by us or made available to us under licence by third parties.
- Commercial use or publication of all or part of the material, content, graphics, design, video, logos and other matters related to the website is prohibited without prior express authorisation from the ICHRP. Permission for use must be requested from the ICHRP. A proof or pre-production sample is requested before final approval is given.
- Images. The majority of images on our website are owned by the Trustees of the British Museum. Any use of such images is strictly prohibited without prior express authorisation from the ICHRP who will seek permission from the Trustees if need be prior to giving authorisation. The same applies to images from other sources.
- Personal and non-commercial use. You may print out information from the website solely for internal, personal, non-commercial purposes and provided that you maintain all copyright and other policies contained therein, and that no modifications are made. Academic standards apply for citing and referencing source.
- Translation of all or part of the written material or content on or related to the website for non-commercial purposes is encouraged. Prior permission for translation must be requested from the ICHRP (contact firstname.lastname@example.org. describing the text to be translated, the target language and the purpose of translation, including distribution plans). A proof or pre-production sample is requested before final approval is given.
- Linking to our website. You may provide links to this website, provided:
- You do not remove or obscure, by framing or otherwise, the copyright notice, or other notices on the website.
- Your website does not engage in illegal activities.
- You discontinue providing links to the website immediately upon request by us.
- Although informing us is not mandatory, we are glad to hear about third party links to our web site. You may send that information to email@example.com.
If your website cites to or quotes from an ICHRP document, we request that you use proper citation (signaling any modifications made), including attribution to the International Council on Human Rights Policy and a link to the ICHRP website.
Third party websites
Errors, corrections and changes
While reasonable care is taken to ensure that the information contained on the ICHRP website is accurate and up to date, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information is provided on an “as is” basis, and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to the ICHRP website or the content contained on it (including any text, graphics, links or other items). Any warranties which would otherwise be implied by law (including, without limitation, warranties as to satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose or skill and care) are hereby excluded. In addition, we do not represent or warrant that the website will be error-free, virus-free, contain no harmful components or that defective components will be corrected or interrupted. We may make changes to the features, functionality or content of the website at any time. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to edit or delete any documents, information or other content appearing on the website.
Exclusion of liability
You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for the use to which you put the ICHRP website. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable for any direct or indirect loss, injury, death, claim, liability, or damage of any kind resulting in any way from:
- Any errors in or omissions from the website or any services or products obtainable there from.
- The unavailability or interruption of the website or any features thereof.
- Your use of the website.
- The content contained on the website.
- Any links to other websites from the website.
- Any delay or failure in performance beyond the control of a covered party.
No legal advice or attorney-client relationship
Information contained on or made available through the website is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice or recommendations under any circumstance.
We use security methods to protect the data on our servers. But because no security system is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of our servers. It is also possible that information you supply us will be intercepted during transmission.